Continuing Education Hours
The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) offers some psychologists, therapists and counselors Continuing Education (CE) credit due to good standing with a limited number of professional organizations.
- The American Association of Christian Counselors is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The American Association of Christian Counselors maintains responsibility for this program and its content. These presentations, which address religious orientation, cultural competencies, evidence-based approaches, etc., are suitable for equipping psychologists in their counseling, consultation, and training practices with local churches, clergy members, and faith-based organizations who are providing mental health resources and programs for congregants and their communities.
- The AACC is a *National Board for Certified Counselors* (NBCC) Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEPTM), may award NBCC approved clock hours for presentations and/or programs that meet NBCC requirements, and maintains responsibility for the content of these presentations and programs.
- The American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), #1400, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. ASWB Approval Period: (09/06/2017 to 09/06/2020). Licensed social workers should contact their individual regulatory boards to review current continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Any presentation that is less than 50 minutes in duration is not approved by the ASWB for continuing education credits. (Plenary sessions do not meet ASWB standards).
- The AACC offers continuing education credit for play therapists through the Association of Play Therapy (APT Approved Provider #14-373), so long as the training element is specifically applicable to the practice of play therapy.
- The AACC is approved by the National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC), #166470, as an Approved Education Provider and is recognized as meeting natioanlly approved standards of education developed for the addiction/substance use disorders in the counseling profession. CE contact hours that are provided will be accepted toward national credentialing by NAADAC and many of the individual state licensing and certification bodies, as well. Please check with your state for further information and authorization.
It remains the responsibility of each participant to be aware of state licensure requirements. *Participants should check their state and/or local regulations* regarding required continuing education hours.
The training offered through AACC sponsored conferences and training programs also meets the ongoing CE requirements for counselors, life coaches, and crisis responders who are credentialed through the *International Board of Christian Care* (IBCC) or one of its affiliate boards: the Board of Christian Professional and Pastoral Counseling (BCPPC); the Board of Christian Life Coaching (BCLC); and the Board of Christian Crisis and Trauma Response (BCCTR).
Participants understand and acknowledge that specific presentation/program content (e.g., trauma and abuse subject matter) may result in emotional, psychological and/or spiritual distress related to past or current life experiences. As such, participants may elect to discontinue attendance and/or seek supportive or professional services and resources.
*Confirmation CE letters/certificates* will be mailed after the program is completed and only to those participants who request and pay for continuing education hours. Letters and/or certificates will display the name of the attendee, program title, the number of CE hours awarded, and the date of completion. The presentation(s) and the name(s) of the presenter(s) will be listed if an itemized letter has been requested (only where available). The stamped Continuing Education Form should include *the desired address* where CE letters/certificates are to be mailed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for standard processing (major conference events may take 8-12 weeks). Any requests for expedited letters or reprints may result in additional fees. Please contact Member Services at 1-800-526-8673 for further information.