Proposal Submission Guidelines
AACC members and others are encouraged to submit proposals for presentation at the 2019 World Conference by January 18, 2019.
A Presentation Proposal Application must be completed by every individual who would like to be considered to present a workshop. Applications must be completed and submitted online at speaker.accc.net. Simply click on the Presentation Proposal Application button.
After the January 18th submission deadline, proposals will be distributed to the appropriate Track Leaders/Coordinators for selection. Their judgments will be based on the following criteria:
- Does the proposal follow wording guidelines for abstracts and learning objectives as outlined by the APA? (Refer to the detailed document included in the online Proposal Application.)
- Does the submission include a high-resolution (300 dpi or higher .jpg or .tif file only), color headshot photo?
- Is the proposal clear and psychologically sound?
- What makes the proposal appropriate for a conference on Christian counseling?
- Is the proposal of interest to a wide group of participants? (Proposals that are too narrow are less likely to be accepted.)
- How does the proposal fit the Conference theme?
- In view of other proposals, is the proposal of sufficient impact to be included in the track to which it has been submitted?
If selected, you will be required to:
- Give your presentation at the time selected by the Program Director. Morning and afternoon track workshops will take place on Thursday, October 10th, Friday, October 11th, and Saturday, October 12th. A specific day/time request will be considered if necessary, but cannot be guaranteed. Once the track workshop schedule has been determined, no changes will be made.
- Check in upon your arrival at the Conference and pick up your Badge, “Speaker” Ribbon and conference information packet at the Speaker Registration Desk in the Delta Lobby.
All selections will be made by March 1, 2019. Letters informing applicants of their acceptance status will be mailed by March 15, 2019.
Don’t forget to register now for the World Conference and take advantage of our “Holiday Savings” Special Rate. Registration for the Conference is limited by the size of the hotel facilities and is sure to fill up early. Contact the Gaylord Opryland Hotel (1-888-777-6779) now to reserve your hotel room on-site.